20i provides extremely fast UK web hosting services. In this 20i web hosting review, we analyse whether 20i makes a good choice as a web hosting provider. Examining some of the features and technology that help them stand out from other UK providers and why you may want to consider them for your next project.
20i Web Hosting is a relatively new player in the UK web hosting arena, intending to provide “Better web hosting services”, thorough “Better tech. Better value. Better support”. Offering a variety of web hosting services to meet most needs.
20i.com was launched in 2016 by Tim and Jonathan Brealey, who are industry veterans that were behind some of the biggest brands in the UK web hosting industry such as 123-reg, Webfusion and Heart Internet.
But does 20i’s aim to live up to expectations in being a fast reliable and affordable web hosting provider?
What Makes 20i Stand Out?
Why choose 20i web hosting for your next web hosting provider?
20i offers a variety of features that make it an attractive option for those looking for a new UK web hosting provider. In addition to offering competitive prices, 20i provides several features that can save you money and provide you with a better web hosting experience.
UK or USA Based Servers Options
One of the biggest advantages of choosing 20i is you get to opt to have your site hosted on their UK or USA based servers. For UK focused websites or businesses, this can be incredibly important. With 20i’s servers being UK based means that your website visitors will get the fastest speeds possible when visiting your site. This not only helps with visitor experience by also user retention, meaning visitors stay on your site for longer.
Suggested Read: Why hosting your website in the UK is important
Not only this but 20i’s servers also make use of cloud autoscaling technology. Cloud autoscaling automatically adjusts the number of computing resources to meet demand. For example, if more users are accessing your site, autoscaling can dynamically add more servers to accommodate the increased traffic without affecting performance. Autoscaling can have a dramatic improvement in site performance during busy times.
Content Delivery Network As Standard
20i’s Content Delivery Network (CDN) ensures that your website loads quickly for visitors no matter where they are in the world. By storing your site’s static content on their global network of servers, 20i can deliver it faster than if it were coming from a single server. That means happier visitors and better search engine rankings for you.
No Prolonged Contracts
Unlike many of the other big web-hosting providers, 20i does not tie you into lengthy contracts. You can either pay monthly or yearly (with 1-month free). Many other providers, offer low headline prices but require you to pre-pay up to 36-months or longer to allow you to get the best pricing.
No Costly ‘Add-Ons’
Again, another ‘trick’ of some of the big-name web hosting providers is to charge for extras that come as standard with other providers. 20i’s domain name registration services come in competitively priced, with no nasty hikes on additional years. Additionally, 20i offers secure ad-free email accounts and a free Wildcard SSL Certificate. These features can save you even more money on your web hosting costs.
Another advantage of using 20i is the fact that they offer a money-back guarantee. This means that if you are not satisfied with their service for any reason, you can get your money back. This is a great way to ensure that you are happy with your web hosting provider.
Finally, 20i has a very user-friendly control panel. This makes it easy to manage your website and make changes to the settings needed for your website. You can also use the control panel to add new features to your website as you see fit.
Pros and Cons of 20i
So let us take a look at some of the pros and cons of using 20i.com services.
- 20i.com offers unlimited storage and bandwidth on all of their plans, so you’ll never have to worry about running out of space or exceeding your monthly data allowance.
- Their customer support is UK based excellent – they offer 24/7 live chat and phone support, so someone will always be available to help you with any issues you might have.
- They offer a free site migration service, so if you’re moving your website from another host, they’ll help you transfer everything over to 20i.com for free.
- Their prices are very competitive – they have plans starting at just £4.95 per month.
- They offer a 99.9% uptime guarantee, so you can be confident that your website will always be available.
- Their bespoke control panel will not be for everyone’s taste. Especially those who are used to panels like cPanel.
- Their cheapest plan only includes support for one website, so if you want to host multiple websites on 20i.com, you’ll need to upgrade to a more expensive plan.
- They don’t offer any WordPress-specific features, so if you’re looking for a host that offers things like automatic WordPress updates or pre-installed WordPress plugins, 20i.com isn’t the right choice for you.
5 Reasons to Choose 20i Web Hosting:
- Reliable and Affordable
- Excellent Customer Service
- UK Based Company and Server Options
- Variety of Plans to Meet Your Needs
- Money-Back Guarantee
Overall, 20i.com is a great choice for UK-based web hosting. They offer unlimited storage and bandwidth, excellent customer support, and competitive prices. However, they don’t offer a money-back guarantee and their cheapest plan only supports one website. If you’re looking for a WordPress-specific host, 20i.com is not the right choice for you.
|WordPress – Personal||10GB
|WordPress – Professional||100GB
Uptime : Speed: Support: